Thursday, December 26, 2013

Interview: Ex-DC and Philly forward Fred open to MLS Return

Via DCUnited.com



We recently spoke to Fred, formerly of DC United (2007-2009, 2011) and Philadelphia Union (2010) fame about what's next in his career now that he is currently our of contract at Melbourne Heart.

When asked what leagues he was looking at, Fred said he was looking all over. "I'm looking anywhere, but I will be happy if I can play here (USA) for another team in MLS."

"When you get older it's difficult," says the 34 year old "but I think I can still play at a high level."

Fred also said that any team that believes in him will be the best. He also named his old clubs as possibilities.

"Philadelphia and DC United were the clubs I played for (and) they will be good too (to play for again)."

Fred also stated that MLS is at a higher quality of play than the A-League and is sincerely hoping to head back to the North American league.

I (tried) to reach them (MLS). I made many friends when I played there, maybe they can help me out now."

-Marc Kusant (@TheRedestBull)


No comments:

Post a Comment